Friday, December 24, 2010

His Thoughts - Piso Fare (Airline Promo Fare)

It was really a surprise for me to find out that my girl had booked two flights (Korea and Laoag) for us while I was asleep. We usually decide together if there are airline promos on when and where to go. Could you imagine my reaction when I opened my email and found all the electronic tickets she forwarded to me? Airlines usually start their airfare promos during midnight and she's always the first to know, thanks to twitter. But we sometimes end up fighting since I don't want to wait up late at night for the promos. I'd rather wake up early the next day, while she insists on booking immediately fearing that we might run out of tickets. So I guess it's good that she booked it herself since we didn't have to go through an argument this time.

These airline fare promotions is the best opportunity for you to get the cheapest fares for those places you want to visit. It would give you another reason to finally take the vacation that you've kept on planning and postponing because the low fares are irresistible. Fares could go as low as just 5% of the regular price. But the problem with it is that these promos usually have travel dates 6 to 12 months away. You'll never know if you'll have an important event or meeting that would come up that time. I had some hesitations booking more flights in this promo since I have further plans for our relationship. Plans which may affect our future flights/trips. I'll blog about them as soon as they come.

We've long been planning to go to Korea since it's the only major Asian city that we both haven't been to. And the timing is just perfect since the promotion's travel period is winter time in Korea. I think the best time to go there is during winter especially for us who come from a tropical country. The Laoag trip was supposedly for last month's Manila trip (please check previous blog). But the plan didn't push through since we weren't able to avail of any promo fares then. So I was kinda expecting that we'll be going there the next time a promo offer comes.. and here it is.

1 comment:

  1. On one of the past airfare promos, someone asked me to check the flight schedules while he showered. He then got the schedules and went right to bed.

    Definitely a smart decision to book the flights myself.

    ReplyDelete