Friday, December 31, 2010

His Thought - Greatest Trip Of My Life

I'll finally be taking the greatest trip of my life - the trip to wedded bliss. After exactly a year of dating my girl (now my fiancee), I finally popped the question. I was planning to hold on to the proposal until our trip to Australia this March. I was thinking of a more dramatic proposal onboard a cruise ship sailing by Sydney Harbour with the Opera House at the background. But since she was recently informed that she'l be taking a work-related month-long trip to the USA a week from now, I decided to ask her this soon after just planning it for 3 days. I hope the real proposal wasn't that bad. We went back to the resort hotel where we had our first date to "celebrate" our first year together. After taking dinner, we took a stroll along the beach and sat down and talked on the boardwalk where I asked and gave her the ring.

Aside from the reason that she'll be leaving, I made the decision because I know that she's the one - the person I want to grow old with and spend the rest of my life with. Making the proposal wasn't as easy as what you see in the movies. Setting the perfect atmosphere for the proposal was easy but asking the question itself was not. I had previously prepared a proposal speech in my mind but it all got mixed up when I was about to tell her. I had to pull out the ring from my pocket first so she would know where I was leading to. And yes, it became easier after that.

Our travel plans have a huge effect in planning for the wedding. We had already booked flights to 11 cities in 6 countries for the next 12 months to come. We plan to schedule our wedding before our trip to India in July and have the pre-nuptial pictorial in Australia by March. And we have to make sure she'll still be fit to travel (in case she gets pregnant that soon) to Korea for our trip on November. But I'm not complaining. Traveling brought us closer to each other. And I'm sure we'll have more trips to come which we're gonna blog about soon.

1 comment: